I lead a busy life. Too much on. Running here, there and everywhere. Chasing my tail. Head down, pound the pavement, catch the train/bus, avoid eye contact with others, focus on destination; move, move, move.
A few days ago I decided to make a change. Just a small change. I decided to look up - at the sky.
It was only 20 seconds or so, but the effect was powerful.
Instant memories: days from my youth, spent lolling around on the grass with friends, looking at the expanse of sky
Instant calmness: the pace of life slowed, to that of a cloud, floating serenely against the pale blue background
Instant humility: the realisation of the scale and beauty of this world
So now, once a day, I make sure I take a few moments to look up at the sky. It grounds me and inspires me.
You should try it.
Tuesday, 13 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment